Regional Gardens Ltd is a company that runs number related gardening enterprises. It has a large display garden that it opens for public inspection a number of times in a year. The company also owns Regional Garden’s Nursery, which sells plants, and garden supplies to the public. The company also owns Regional Garden Planners which is a small company that provide garden advice; design and consultancy services.
Regional Gardens Ltd has a small data centre at its main site at Bathurst where the company’s servers and data storage is located. The company has the following server infrastructure:
• 1 x MySQL run on Redhat Linux 5.
• 1 x Exchange 2007 Email Server on Windows Server 2008.
• 1 x Red Hat Enterprise 5 Linux Server running Apache.
The company has some 150 staff, which includes management, administrative staff, nursery and Regional Garden Planner’s staff.
The directors of the Regional Gardens Ltd are concerned about the increasing costs of power and cooling to operate their data centre and they are investigating whether they should employ a Virtualisation technology and a partial or complete Cloud hosting solution for the data centre.
You are to consider how to implement a virtual infrastructure for the company and prepare a report for the directors of Regional Garden’s Ltd. Your report should include:
• A one page executive summary that describes the main points of your report. (10 Marks)
• A description of proposed virtual and cloud computing infrastructure for the data centre including which virtual and cloud technology is recommended and the reasons for that recommendation. Service to be considered and proposed including: web, databases, email system, and other network devices. (40 Marks)
• A description of how you will provide disaster recovery in these infrastructures. (30 Marks)
• A discussion of the information security changes required in this environment and the steps
required monitoring and controlling these changes. (20 Marks)
The rationale of this assessment allows you to demonstrate your knowledge of:
• the essentials of network and storage Virtualisation;
• the requirement of a virtual infrastructure; and
• the planning and reporting the proposed Virtualisation infrastructure implementation
The report should be submitted as MS Word or pdf document. Please do not submit *.zip or *.rar or
any other format and also do not submit multiple copies of the report. Please use A4 page size with
Times New Roman font of size 12. Following should be included as minimum requirements for the
Title of Report
This section should have proper title of the report.
Student Name and Student ID
This section should contain your name and your student ID.
Student Email Contact
Provide your Email address under this section.
Executive Summary or Abstract(1 pasge)
This section provides a brief overview of the scenario, reasoning/findings and concluding remarks on
Background, types of Virtualisation technologies, advantages and limitations of Virtualisation
(Note: You may consider having sub sections of this section as follows)
Description of the proposed virtual infrastructure, recommendations, reasoning for the
recommendation, implementation details such as delivery of virtual applications / desktops (or both) touser’s desktops, disaster recovery plan, information security changes requirements
Findings / Recommendations
Summarise your final findings and recommendations to the company.
Summary of the report
You must cite references using APA referencing style to all material you have used as sources for the
content of your work.