Due date: 20-May-2018
Return date: 13-Jun-2018
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
You are to prepare and submit Assessment 3 as an individual, based on the Case study scenario, and your peer to peer learning from Assessment 2 at least 8-10 appropriate references in APA style.
You are required to develop a charter for the Project including:
Include the Project description and overview you developed as part of Assessment 2.
MOV - Measurable Organisational Value
(This is the goal of the project and is utilised to define the value that your team project will bring to your client)
• Identify the desired area of impact - Rank the following areas in terms of importance: Strategy / Customer / Financial / Operational / Social
• With reference to your project, identify one or two of the following types of value:
o Better - is improving quality important to your client?
o Faster - does your client want to increase efficiency?
o Cheaper - is cutting costs important?
o Do more - does your client want to continue its growth?
• Develop an appropriate metric - this sets the target and expectation of all the stakeholders. It is important to determine a quantitative target that needs to be expressed as a metric in terms of an increase or decrease of money.
• Determine the timeframe for achieving the MOV - ask yourselves, when do we want to achieve this target metric?
• SUMMARISE THE MOV IN A CLEAR CONCISE STATEMENT OR TABLE
(Note: the MOV should inform everyone what the project will achieve, not how it will be achieved. It should also focus on the organisation, not on the technology that will be used to build or support the information system). Part Two:
Define Scope and produce a Scope Management Plan
Define the scope of the project and detail how the scope will be managed.
Provide a list of Resources
Identify and detail the resources for the project using MS Project where appropriate, including:
• People (and their roles), plus any extra personnel that is required for the project.
• Technology - any hardware, network and software needs to support the team and your client.
• Facilities - where will most of the teamwork be situated?
• Other - for example, travel, training etc.
Using MS Project, develop a schedule using a high level Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). It should include:
Milestones for each phase and deliverable
• This will tell everyone associated with the project that the phase or deliverable was completed satisfactorily.
Activities / Tasks
• Define a set of activities / tasks that must be completed to produce each deliverable.
• Assign people and resources to each individual activity.
Estimates for Each Activity / Task
• Develop a time estimate for each task or activity to be completed.
• Create a time-phased budget using bottom-up estimating. Be sure to include direct costs listed in Part two and add 20% for fringe. State all assumptions and constraints you have used when creating your budget. State how confident you are in your estimates and what would make you more confident.
Project Risk Analysis and Plan
• Document any assumptions you have made about the project
• Using the Risk Identification Framework as a basis, identify five risks to the project — one for each of the five phases of the methodology.
• Analyse these risks, assign a risk to an appropriate member, and describe a strategy for the management of each specific risk.
Quality Management Plan. It should include:
• A short statement that reflects your team's philosophy or objective for ensuring that you deliver a quality system to your client.
• Develop and describe the following that your project team could implement to ensure quality;
o A set of verification activities
o A set of validation activities
Part Six: 550 words
Closure and Evaluation Researching for the closure checklist and project evaluation
a. To prepare for this task, you will be required to provide an annotated bibliography.
Write an Annotated Bibliography for three (3) relevant texts or readings around project evaluation. The Annotated Bibliography is a critical examination of the most relevant, recent and scholarly research on the topic area that is not just a summary of the articles you have read.
You will submit this as an appendix to your project evaluation documentation.
Ensure that the AB submitted by you is your own work and has not been submitted elsewhere and comply with the University's requirements for academic integrity.
Use the following resource to guide you around the research tools:
http://student.csu.edu.au/ data/assets/pdf file/0009/186444/annotate1.pdf
b. Develop a closure checklist that the project team will use to ensure that the project has been closed properly.
c. Develop a project evaluation —outline and discuss how your project's MOV will be evaluated.
Submit your assignment online via Turnitin in the nominated class. Turnitin details for the individual classes would be provided on Interact2.
This assessment addresses the following learning outcomes:
• be able to understand and apply appropriate communication practices within a project management context;
• be able to research and apply established IT project management principles, skills and techniques to a case study;
• be able to research and critically evaluate how a practising IT project manager applies IT project management techniques, project management skills, methods and software tools in the IT industry;
• be able to research and apply established IT project management principles, skills and techniques to a case study.
Merlon Igh Distinction .1 Unction Credit 'ass Fall
• rovides an MOV and identifies the target he MOV illustrates the student's detailed ••nsideration of the target and a thorough = nalysis of the expectations of all takeholders. he MOV illustrates the student's detailed The MOV illustrates the student's generalised consideration of the target and an attempt at analysis of the expectations of most stakeholders is evident. he MOV illustrates the student's he MOV fails to cover one or more pecified project requirements.
nd expectations of all stakeholders in a uitable format. he format is logical, dear and well• tructured. •nsideration of the target and an attempt at nalysis of the expectations of all takeholders is evident. The format is suitable to the information presented. •eneralised consideration of the target: owever analysis of the expectations of all takeholders is not clear.
15 Marks) he format is logical and appropriate to the nformation presented. he format is suitable to the information
blising MS Project, provides a list of 'sources associated with the project- nciuding reference to people, technology, nd facilities and associated costs 10 Marks) videnoe of expertly utilising MS Project to mate a comprehensive list of resources, vidence of expertly utilising MS Project to reate a list of all resources required for the Correctly utilising MS Project to provide a list which identifies most of the resources required for the project; some evidence of analysis of project needs. ey resources are correctly identified and ey resources have not been identified.
• emonstrating in-depth analysis of the • roject; demonstrating analysis of the •ocumented.
• roject's needs. • roject's needs.
• roduces a Scope Management Plan Consistent application of industry standard anguage and formatting. Well written with some demonstration of ndusby standard language and formatting. Well written with demonstration of academic standard language and formatting. ell written but lacks acceptable ormatting. Writing is not of an acceptable standard.
Utilising MS Project -evidences the processes involved with a W8S, including budget. Demonstrates high level project anagement skills, integrating and applying • emonstrates competent management kills, applying project management tools in eaningful and purposeful ways towards Demonstrates essential management skills. applying project management tools in meaningful and purposeful ways towards completion of the WBS design. Essential project requirements addressed. a emonstrates minimal management skills =nd needs some improvement in applying he WBS design fails to correctly address
20 Marks) • roject management tools in meaningful =nd purposeful ways towards completion of BS design, correctly and comprehensively ddressing all project requirements. •mpletion of the WBS design. correctly = ddresses the all project requirements. •roject management tools in meaningful =nd purposeful ways towards completion of S. Not all project requirements are !early addressed. • e or more essential project
• rovides a project risk analysis and plan • I steps in project risk analysis and =tternate strategies are comprehensively All steps in project risk analysis and !tomato strategies are clearly discussed nd presented in the context of the project. 'th reference to the framework to validate he altematives. Evidence that key steps in project risk analysis and alternate strategies are discussed and presented in the context of the project, with some linkages back to the framework to validate the alternatives. ey steps in project risk analysis and = ltemate strategies are accurately • ne or more key steps in project risk
sing the risk identification framework as a sis for discussing alternate strategies for e management of such risks. • iscussed and presented in the context of e project, with evidence of thorough ••nsideration of the framework to validate e alternatives. •resented. Minimal reference to framework n the discussion presented. = nalysis and altemate strategies are not
15 Marks) sented.
Produces a Quality management elan I required protect steps are correctly II required protect steps are correctly I required oroiect steps are correctly(Host required oroiect steps are correctly I lultiple oroiect steps are missing or not