Course Name BSB61015
Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
Advanced Diploma of Management (Human Resources)
Subject/module Excellence in Leadership
Assessment method Part A: Written or Oral Questions
Part B: Written or Oral Questions
Units of Competency BSBMGT605
Provide Leadership Across the Organisation
1. Assessments should be completed as per your trainer’s instructions
2. Assessments must be submitted by the due date to avoid a late submission penalty.
3. Plagiarism is copying someone else’s work and submitting it as your own. You must write your answers in your own words or appropriately reference your sources. A mark of zero will be given for any assessment or part of an assessment that has been plagiarised.
4. A list of references must be included.
5. You may discuss your assessments with other students, but submitting identical answers to other students will result in a failing grade. Your answers must be yours alone.
6. Your trainer will advise whether the assessment should be digitally uploaded or submitted in hard copy. Assessments that are digitally uploaded should be saved in pdf format.
7. You must pass both assessments in the subject to pass the subject.
Part A – Written or Oral Questions
1. Define business ethics. Give an example of how it can be applied in
business. (6 marks)
2. Explain the three different leadership styles identified by Lewin. Identify
situations where each style is most appropriate. (15 marks)
3. One of the provisions of the WHS Act of 2012 is consultation. Explain what
consultation is and what are its aims? (8 marks)
4. Read the following excerpt from the ABCDecks Business Plan:
The core activity of ABCDecks is the planning, design, building and construction, and/or renovation of house decks. The business will provide a complete service, including free quotes and designs, building and construction and all associated services, after sales maintenance and a sevenyear guarantee covering workmanship.
ABCDecks recognises the importance of environmental sustainability; therefore, it is our commitment to only use sustainable materials in all our projects.
Over the next 12 months, ABCDecks will undertake 25 renovation jobs valued at $12,000 each. Over the next 12 months, ABCDecks will generate $300,000 in sales ABCDecks will have a working capital of $41,000 by the end of April. Over the next 12 months, ABCDecks will have served 30 new clients, have quoted a further 200 clients and have completed projects of $10,000 plus for 50% of clients.
Based on the information provided above, identify the organisation’s
mission, purpose, objectives and values. (9 marks)
5. How can organisations manage change successfully? Explain. (8 marks)
Total Marks Part A: 46
Part B – Written or Oral Questions
1. Explain in your own words how an effective leader can build trust, confidence and gain respect amongst a diverse group? (6 marks)
2. Describe at least three different methods of communication a leader can use when communicating and/or consulting with staff? (3 marks)
3. According to Susan M Heathfield, what are three of the 12 C’s for team
building (refer to workbook)? (8 marks)
4. Choose one of the factors in Question 3 and describe in your own words how this makes the performance more consistent among members? (3 marks)
5. What causes a group’s performance to level of as it grows in size? (6 marks)
6. Name three groups and/or individuals from which a role model commands respect? (3 marks)
7. What does the term resourcing mean? (4 marks)
8. What are two ways that a person could participate with industry groups to
maintain professional currency? (4 marks)
9. Briefly describe what you understand workplace culture to mean. (5 marks)
10. Referring to page 84 of the workbook, list five of the elements that make up an organisation’s culture. (8 marks)
Total Marks Part B: 50
Total Marks Assessment 2: 96
– END –