p 4 ASSESSMENT 1
Course Nam Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
Advanced Diploma of Management (Human
Subject/module Excellence in Leadership
Assessment method Weighting Part A: Written or Oral Questions
Part B: Case Study
Units of Competency BSBMGT605
Provide Leadership Across the Organisation
1. Assessments should be completed as per your trainer's instructions
2. Assessments must be submitted by the due date to avoid a late submission penalty.
3. Plagiarism is copying someone else's work and submitting it as your own. You must write your answers in your own words or appropriately reference your sources. A mark of zero will be given for any assessment or part of an assessment that has been plagiarised.
4. A list of references must be included.
5. You may discuss your assessments with other students, but submitting identical answers to other students will result in a failing grade. Your answers must be yours alone.
uploaded or submitted in hard copy. Assessments that are digitally
uploaded should be saved in pdf format.
7. You must pass both assessments in the subject to pass the subject.
Part A - Written or Oral Questions
This assessment task will assess your unoerslano,ng of what all of the above means in a leadership role.
Answer the following questions
1. Why is it important to establish linkages between organisational objectives, values and standards to the responsibilities of relevant groups and individuals when setting goals in the organisation? (10 marks)
2. What is the relationship between media and language used when communicating organisational mission and goals to staff? Give an example. (10 marks)
3. When there is a goal to achieve, explain the importance of stating expectations clearly to staff in a language easy to understand to ensure
commitment to the given goal? (/0 marks)
4. When an incident occurs in the organisation le.g., accident, scandal), explain why it is important to communicate results clearly to relevant
groups and individuals involved? (10 marks)
5. Discuss the importance of (45 marks)
a. Leaders as role-models in the workplace Talal Marks Part A: 85
b. Workplace culture
c. Change management in the workplace
d. Workplace consultation and communication
e. Decision-making and risk management
f. Public relations
g. Business ethics
h. Leadership styles
i. Professional development
Part B - Case Study
You are the training manager at FoodStuff, a chain of popular fast-food restaurants in Australia. You are planning to organise a 20-hour management training program for 20 shift supervisors. To accomplish the task, you need to assign 3 trainers who will alternately complete the training program within a 3-week period. These trainers should be supervisors themselves and have been in the company for a total of 5 years on average.
1. Write accountabilities and responsibilities for the three management trainers
you are appointing (10 marks)
2. List all the resources these trainers will require to accomplish their tasks
successfully (10 marks)
3. Design a support system for the trainers to help them perform their
responsibilities more effectively (10 marks)
G. As a manager, explain how you are going to accomplish the following:
• Create a positive workplace environment (5 marks)
• Encourage teams and individuals to develop innovative approaches to
the performance of work in the workplace (5 marks)
Total Marks Part B: 40
Total Marks Assessment !: 125