Watch the following video:
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ -Erin Brockovich- (2000) - Available on Netflix, Amazon, among other sources.
Write your response to these questions in 3 full pages and 1 summary page.
(4 pages in total)
1. Did you come away from the movie convinced that the company had done wrong and that Masry and Erin had performed a beneficial service? If so, why did you reach those conclusions?
2. How might the basic story have been slanted more toward the company with equivalent dramatic effect?
3. Do the filmmakers have any obligation to give the companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s side of the story?
4. What is the companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s side?
5. Why do you think the companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s employees did what they did?
6. How do you suppose films like this might affect public debates concerning, among other things, regulation of corporate misconduct and trial lawyers?