Web Services/Distributed Systems - Assignment 2 (Research Paper)
Due on November 03
This research paper will be evaluated on the content and clarity of each section as well as the effectiveness with which the document is organized and planned.
Factors affecting the evaluation process include the purpose, significance, merit of the investigation and the results of the research..
Topic: Services-Oriented Architectures related to Web Services (chapter 8 in your book)
Chapter 8: Service-oriented architectures:
- The concept of software architecture.
- The purpose of reliable messaging.
- The structure of WSÃ¢â‚¬â€œReliableMessaging.
- The meaning of event-driven computing for SOA applications.
- The event Services Bus Integrations infrastructure for applications.
- Connectivity, integration and scalability issues in the Event Services Bus.
Topic: Emerging Trends in Web Services (Chapter 17 in your book)
Recent trends and developments:
- Grid Computing.
- Grid computing architectures
- Grid services.
- Mobile computing
- Mobile services.
- Mobile services protocols and framework.
Choose one area or the other, do not mix.
Select about three or four research level papers and review and discuss the authorsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ findings as it applies to your topic area, either emerging trends or Service-oriented architectures.
Your paper must include a well-defined direction and review of the influential research in your subject area that was the basis for your paper.
The paper must be between 12-15 pages and include a minimum of 8 citations, do not exceed max pages. Each citation in the paper must appear in the reference list.
Use proper journals such as IEEE and ACM. No trade publications, No web
references, and No book references. Keep your references as current as possible.
Form and Style:
Your paper should pay close attention to maintaining a consistent flow in form. The document must be well written and should be proofread for detail and accuracy. The paper should follow the basic framework for a scientific paper should answer the following questions:
What is the Problem being addressed?
Why is it a problem?
How did you address it?
What were the results?
Further definition of structure would be:
1) Define your problem. or area of investigation
2) State your goal of the paper
3) Why is this work significant and relevant.
4) Review current research in your area of choice. (your three papers)
5) Summary, conclusion and future work.
Left-hand 1.5 inches, all other 1 inch
Arabic numerals in the upper right hand corner.
12 point, Times Roman or similar Serif typeface
Methodology, goal, significant, relevance, summary, conclusion and future work:
Refer to the University Dissertation Guide.
References and Citation:
Follow the APA guidelines for references and citations.