Individual Paper Assessment criteria
Due: Week 6 ASSESSMENT
Weighting: 15% 2
Length: Maximum 1000 words
Newspaper Analysis (Written report): 15%
1) Choose a topic from Micro economics that matters to you and find a recent news article covering that topic.
2) Evaluate the article using Economic concepts. You should include
• The essence of the story (1 to 2 paragraphs): Introduce the issue, who is interested in it and why.
• The economic analysis (3 to 4 paragraphs): Explain how you can present the issue in terms of economic concepts and theories you have learnt in class.
• Explain your view (2 to 3 paragraphs): Explain what actions you would recommend to the key players and/or policy holders.
• Explain how the above analysis supports your conclusion (1 to 2 paragraphs).
3) You may provide graphs/charts/diagrams where necessary to enhance your presentation style.
4) You need to attach a copy of the article with your assignment.
5) Students need to submit the hard copy of the assignment with the cover sheet with your signature and also upload on BB by that time.
1) Critical thinking skills
2) Clarity of writing and ability to express your ideas
3) Ability to use economic concepts and theories in the context of the news article.